At ECAL, we take the privacy of users very seriously. We don’t use your personal information for any other purpose than to send requested schedules and events to your calendar.
When subscribing to an ECAL service, you can be confident that we only ever access your calendar to deliver event information that you have requested from our publishers.
We never read, change, update, remove or store your personal Calendar events. Additionally, our publishers must also agree to our very own, strict, Calendar Contact Standards, to ensure the information they deliver to you is exactly what you want.
If necessary at any time, you may unsubscribe and revoke ECAL’s access to your calendar. For more information on how to do this, simply go to our Support Centre at https://support.ecal.com.
- Roles: ECAL is known as the ‘data processor’ and the Publisher client is the ‘data controller’;
- Affirmative Consent: A user is required to consent to the service by affirmative action. For instance, you will be required to check any consent boxes on the ECAL widget;
- Explicitly Clear: A Publisher client needs to be explicitly clear about the service being delivered via ECAL;
- Age Consent: Users in the EU under the age of 16 (or under 13 in the UK) require consent from a parent / guardian. So you may see this question asked before you sync to calendar;
- Withdraw Consent: A link has been included in each calendar entry to ‘Manage my ECAL’. This will take you to the ECAL Support Portal for clear instructions on how to manage your ECAL service across various calendars;
- Data Minimisation: A publisher is now only allowed to capture and store data that is essential to the service being provided. So you shouldn’t see any requests for name, date of birth, gender or anything like that;
- Encryption: As an extra level of security, we’re encrypting all user data we store;
- Right to Access: At any time, you may request what personal information is being stored, how it’s being processed, and you may request an electronic copy;
- Right to be Forgotten: At any time, you may request us to delete any data we store about you.
If at anytime you have any questions about our service, or suggestions or feedback, please don’t hesitate to let us know.
Read the full EU GDPR.
Calendar communications and marketing platform ECAL has had a fresh injection of capital and signposted their intention to maintain their global ambitions.ECAL, Sep 10, 2020 Read the Story
COVID-19 has created a new audience for a lot of traditional sports with the acceleration of esports, and that audience won’t go away.ECAL, Aug 26, 2020 Read the Story
In a world that is moving at a rapid pace, ECAL is a great example of a young Australian company that started out by simply focusing on solving one core problem.ECAL, Aug 19, 2020 Read the Story