Customer Stories - ECB
Engage cricket lovers and general sports fans to help launch England’s new domestic and international season fixtures, including The Hundred!
ECAL was quick to build a large community of passionate cricket fans, and drive immediate response around ticket release dates for The Hundred, driving high demand for early ticket sales.
England & Wales Cricket Board (ECB) is the governing body of cricket in England and Wales.
The Hundred is a new professional franchise tournament run by the ECB, scheduled to start in July 2020. It plays a new 100-ball game format, in a round-robin tournament with eight city-based franchise teams. Each franchise will field a men’s and women’s team.
- Launch England’s new season cricket fixtures using ECAL, to connect and engage cricket lovers, general sports fans and social groups.
- Use ECAL to schedule the competition and team fixtures directly into the calendar of users.
- Leverage the connected calendar audience to deliver important ticket release details for The Hundred, to drive early sales and stimulate demand.
- Multiple ECAL button displays were created for all cricket competitions, incl. The Hundred, International Men’s / Women’s, County Championship, Vitality Blast, and Royal London Cup.
- These buttons were integrated into the ECB website and a link on their mobile app.
- ECB executed an integrated launch campaign around the release of The Hundred fixtures, to drive strong user adoption.
- Promotion included web ad (home page), site article, social campaign and email.
- With a large, connected audience, ECB can then deliver important ticket release dates directly to an engaged audience, to stimulate sales and interest.
4. Results (at end of Feb)
- 15 Nov: ECAL Launch
- 26 Nov (7am): The Hundred Fixture Release
International user subscriptions
With very strong local adoption
- 12 Feb (10am): Priority Ticket Window Open
- Next: 17 July (6:30pm): First Game
Definitive response to ticket release
Drives significant purchase intent
"The ECAL platform ensures that fans can easily find out where to tune in and watch Formula E live in their territory, providing us with the ability to deliver targeted messages to users, based on location and behaviour. The team at ECAL are a great bunch and I would have no hesitation in recommending them."Senior Digital Project Manager @ Formula E
"ECAL helped us achieve a result that we are so immensely proud of, and have built a platform that can take us to heights that we thought impossible some 6 months ago. The WNBL is ready for lift-off!"Head of Digital Services @ Basketball Australia
"ECAL has proven to be a great channel for us at AVFC, benefitting sales and fan engagement more and more each season whilst providing data and insight for us to improve the fan experience as a whole."Digital Marketing Executive @ Aston Villa FC
"ECAL has been a very effective tool where audiences can download full competition schedules or individual team calendars across all cricket competitions. Events provide information on where / when to tune-in to follow matches, and important ticket on-sale dates."Head of Marketing @ England and Wales Cricket Board
"We've engaged ECAL to deliver Fox Sports TV programming direct to our subscribers' calendar. They should never miss their favourite sports team again!"Head of Digital Delivery @ Fox Sports
National Australia Bank wanted to test how ECAL payment reminders would compare to SMS reminders. The result? ECAL works to increase on-time payments by 12%!ECAL, Jun 09, 2020 Read the Story
In the wake of COVID-19, the ABB Formula E Race at Home Challenge was born! A nine-week eSports competition that saw the world’s greatest Formula E drivers mix it with the best sECAL, May 26, 2020 Read the Story